Project Administrator- The Water Well Project
The Water Well Project is a not-for-profit organisation based in Melbourne. Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of migrants and refugees throughout Victoria by improving health literacy. Our organisation is made up of approximately 150 volunteers- junior doctors, allied health care professionals and final year medical students, led by a dedicated Steering Committee. We work closely with many refugee organisations throughout Victoria- to provide interactive health sessions directly to communities.
We would like to bring on board a semi-paid Project Administrator, to help us liase and coordinate between our many volunteers and refugee organisations. Our Project Administrator would be responsible for contacting refugee organisations (as needed) to make and confirm bookings, book interpreters for sessions and coordinate our volunteers for the session. After each session, our Project Administrator will need to collect feedback as well as assist with coordinating evaluation of the project.
- good communication skills- in both written and oral
- good interpersonal skills- will be working closely with current Steering Committee, as well as communities
- solid administration, record keeping and organisational skills, eg) ability to track tasks/ schedules, book events, confirm volunteers
- good Microsoft office skills- including Excel and Word
- good general online skills which may include using booking systems, social media posting and Dropbox
- passionate about community health- with a preference for refugee and asylum seeker health favourable
- approx 4 hours per week of work involved; however needs to be able to be available during the week; as will need to email and take phone calls during the office hours, communicate with Steering Committee as well as volunteers; and coordinate schedules of refugee organisations and volunteers
- See Role Description attached for more details about expectations of role
- paid role $20/hour for 4 hours per week
- 12 month role, beginning Mon 21st October
- 3 month probationary period
- work from home etc.
- must be flexible in terms of availability during the week; and available during office hours
- needs to be able to set up individual ABN to provide regular invoicing
- Please email cover letter and CV (no more than 3 pages) to email@example.com.
- Closing date of application- Friday 18th October
- Successful candidates will be shortlisted and invited to an interview- Sat 19th or Sun 20th October.