Want to volunteer with us?
We require all prospective volunteers to attend a compulsory induction session prior to becoming active volunteers with our organisation. The induction will tell you more about what we do and the impact of your volunteering efforts. If you are an eligible healthcare professional volunteer and would like to join our volunteering team in providing health education sessions to communities from migrant, refugee and asylum seeker background, please register to attend our next induction below.
If you do not fit the criteria, please reach out to discover other opportunities to volunteer your time and talents with us. You can fill out an expression of interest to get in contact.
You will learn about our organisation The Water Well Project and what we’re about, how you can contribute as a healthcare professional facilitator and some tips around how to facilitate interactive education and work effectively with an interpreter.
- Tuesday 5 March 2024 (Online - 6.30-8.30 pm) - Register HERE
- Saturday 20 April 2024 (Melbourne face-to-face - 10:30am-1:30pm) - Register HERE
- Saturday 4 May 2024 (Sydney face-to-face - 10am-1pm) - Register HERE
If you are interested in getting involved now prior to our upcoming inductions, please complete this expression of interest
Why volunteer with us?
- Meaningful volunteering opportunity- allowing you to utilise your skills and knowledge in improving the lives of others;
- Opportunity to work with and meet other likeminded healthcare professionals;
- Great way to improve communication skills for the workplace- group facilitation and working with interpreters;
- Invaluable opportunity to hear and learn firsthand about cultural barriers to achieving and maintaining health directly from communities from migrant, refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds.
Read some of our volunteer profiles.