Our aim is to deliver 50 health sessions to refugee and migrant communities around Victoria by the end of 2013. We're now recruiting a further 50 new doctors, allied health professionals and final year medical students to help us achieve this aim.
Our Induction session will cover:
- Introduction to The Water Well Project
- Communication tools for working with refugees/ migrants
- Introduction to common refugee/ migrant health issues
- Introduction to a few relevant organisations- Brotherhood of St Laurence, Foundation House
- Appropriate referrals
- Introduction to facilitation (interactive workshop)
Click here to register for the event if you are a healthcare professional.
Here's some examples of feedback from previous sessions...
- "It was a great balance of presenters and topics, really great to have the combination of topics and perspectives."
- "The facilitating session was a very important and worthwhile part of induction."
- "I learnt a lot about this initiative, and got a wonderful overview of how it works. The role play was very beneficial."