Session Date: 28 Nov 2020
Session Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
About This Event
INVITATION TO ONLINE INDUCTION FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS
Ever wanted to join our healthcare professional team of volunteers?
Here’s your opportunity! 🙂
On Saturday 28th November, we will be delivering our first ever online induction for new volunteers.
We invite eligible and interested healthcare professionals from any of our current locations- Victoria, Tasmania and New South Wales. Come find out about how you can contribute your skills and knowledge to help improve the health literacy of communities from migrant, refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds.
- In the first hour, you will learn about The Water Well Project, how our organisation runs, how to sign up to a session and how to work effectively with an interpreter.
- In the second hour, you’ll be joined by some of our current volunteers to learn some tips and tricks in facilitating engaging online health education sessions.
Event open to 60 attendees, who meet our eligibility criteria.
1. Be a qualified healthcare professional or final year student in a healthcare related discipline. Details of registration with AHPRA must be provided (where applicable). Please check our website for details.
2. Have, or be prepared to apply for a volunteer Working with children card.
Note: we will accept a maximum of 20 final year students from relevant healthcare disciplines for this induction.
Sign-ups will only be accepted via the website.
To do this, first create a website profile on our website by registering your details on the website, then log-in and return to the two links below.
On each separate event page, click on the ‘book my participation’ button and sign up to BOTH sessions to complete your induction.
- PART ONE– Online induction for new volunteers, including an introduction to The Water Well Project
- PART TWO– How to facilitate engaging online health education
Based on availability and your eligibility, your booking registrations will be confirmed by email with the zoom links prior to the event.
We have a long waiting list of interested volunteers, so please only sign up if you can be present for the whole session.
This session capacity is 60 Volunteers from The Water Well Project.
There are currently 21 available places open to Volunteers.
Book My Place (21 spot(s) left)
By clicking 'Book My Participation Now' you confirm your availability to be part of this session. We will use the details you have registered with us to contact you. If you wish to check these details, please visit the Edit Details page. Our Project Administrator will be in touch with you to confirm the details of this particular session.