Session Date: 19 May 2019
Session Time: 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM
About This Event
Induction session for healthcare professionals interested in becoming volunteers for The Water Well Project in New South Wales. Come find out about how you can contribute your skills and knowledge to help improve the health literacy of communities from migrant, refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds.
Date: Sunday 19th May 2019
Time: 09:30am – 11:30am; sign-in from 9am.
Venue: Kerry Packer Education Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Missenden Rd, Camperdown, NSW 2050.
1. Introduction to The Water Well Project
2. Working effectively with interpreters
3. Introduction to facilitation
4. Interactive workshops
5. Volunteer Q&A session
Event open to 50 attendees, who meet our eligibility criteria.
1. Be a qualified healthcare professional or final year student in a healthcare related discipline. Details of registration with AHPRA must be provided (where applicable). Please check our website for details.
2. Have, or be prepared to apply for a volunteer Working with children card.
Sign-ups will only be accepted via the website. To do this register your details on the website, then log-in and return to this page see the ‘book my participation’ button and sign up to attend our “induction session”. We have a long waiting list of interested volunteers, so please only sign up if you can be present for the whole session.
This session capacity is 50 Volunteers from The Water Well Project.
There are currently 29 available places open to Volunteers.
Book My Place (29 spot(s) left)
By clicking 'Book My Participation Now' you confirm your availability to be part of this session. We will use the details you have registered with us to contact you. If you wish to check these details, please visit the Edit Details page. Our Project Administrator will be in touch with you to confirm the details of this particular session.