Session Date: 1 Apr 2014
Session Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
About This Event
1. Introduction to The Water Well Project
2. Communication tools for working with refugees/ migrants
3. Introduction to common refugee/ migrant health issues
4. Introduction to a few relevant organisations- Brotherhood of St Laurence, Foundation House, Victorian Refugee Health Network
5. Appropriate referrals
6. Introduction to facilitation (interactive workshop)
60 attendees (40 doctors, 10 allied health, 10 final year medical students)
- Catering Provided
- Attendees must be registered with this site to book this event. Register here.
To register for this Induction Program we ask that participants:
- Have a genuine interest in contributing to refugee / asylum seeker health education
- Can commit to facilitating at least 2 x Health Information Sessions in 2014 (please note the majority of sessions occur during business hours or in week-day evenings)
This session capacity is 60 Volunteers from The Water Well Project.
There are currently 16 available places open to Volunteers.
Book My Place (16 spot(s) left)
By clicking 'Book My Participation Now' you confirm your availability to be part of this session. We will use the details you have registered with us to contact you. If you wish to check these details, please visit the Edit Details page. Our Project Administrator will be in touch with you to confirm the details of this particular session.